Valorization of Fruit Processing By-products by Charis M. Galanakis – eBook
- Author: Charis M. Galanakis
- File Size: 9 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 324 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press
- Publication Date: September 14, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07Y3F32YV
- ISBN-10: 0128171065
- ISBN-13: 9780128171066
Valorization of Fruit Processing By-products (PDF) covers the most recent advances in the field of fruit processing by-products following sustainability principles. The urgent need for sustainability within the food industry necessitates research to investigate the handling of by-products with another perspective, e.g. by adapting more profitable options. This ebook covers the latest developments in this particular direction. It promotes success stories and solutions that ensure the sustainable management of different fruit processing by-products (namely apple, avocado, apricot, citrus, date, Castanea sativa, melon, passion fruit, mango, pink guava, pomegranate, pineapple, and watermelon), giving emphasis on the recovery of antioxidants, polyphenols, and dietary fiber.
Written by a team of experts in food processing and chemistry, engineering, and food waste, this title is the definitive guide for all the involved partners, professionals, engineers, and producers active in the field.
- Discusses the valorization of by-products derived from different fruits
- Explores fruit processing techniques, scale-up limitations and economical evaluation for each source of fruit processing by-product
- Features the following fruits, including apple, avocado, apricot, citrus, date, Castanea sativa, melon, passion fruit, mango, pink guava, pomegranate, pineapple, and watermelon
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Valorization of Fruit Processing Byproducts in PDF. No other resources come with the sale.