Understanding the Religions of the World: An Introduction (1st Edition) – eBook
- Author: Willoughby Deming
- File Size: 17 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 520 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (June 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118767578
- ISBN-13: 9781118767573
Understanding the Religions of the World: An Introduction offers a new approach to the study of religions which moves away from the purely descriptive and instead helps college students understand how religions actually ‘work’. Covering all the main faith traditions, it combines contemporary beliefs and practices, historical context, and original theory, with numerous study features and valuable overviews.
- A major new student-focused PDF ebook concentrating on contemporary practices and beliefs of world religions
- Integrates original theory by arguing that each religion operates according to its own logic and order, and that they fulfill our need for a point of orientation
- Brings together a team of experts to provide a uniquely comprehensive coverage of religious traditions, including religions of Oceania, and African religions which are rarely covered in detail
- Incorporates extensive student features including ‘did you know?’ sections, chapter introductions, boxed examples/material, numerous images and maps, conclusions, study questions and teaching plans, available on publication at wiley official website.