The Wiley International Handbook of History Teaching and Learning – eBook
- Authors: Scott Alan Metzger, Lauren McArthur Harris
- File Size: 4 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 704 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: March 2, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07B8R51R5
- ISBN-10: 1119100739
- ISBN-13: 9781119100737
The Wiley International Handbook of History Teaching and Learning (PDF) draws on contributions from an international panel of experts. Their writings explore the growth the field has experienced in the past thirty years and offer observations on challenges and opportunities for the future. The contributors represent a wide range of established, pioneering, and promising new scholars with diverse perspectives on history education.
A comprehensive review of the research literature on history education with contributions from international experts
Comprehensive in scope, the contributions cover major themes and issues in history education including: research, policy, and societal contexts; practices and learning; conceptual constructs of history education; historical literacies: media, texts, and social spaces; identities, ideologies, and group experiences in history education; and consensus and dissent. This vital resource:
- Identifies major themes & issues shaping history education today
- Contains original writings by more than 40 scholars from 7 countries
- Highlights history education as a distinct field of scholarly inquiry and academic practice
- Presents an authoritative survey of where the field has been and offers a view of what the future may hold
Written for students and scholars of education as well as history teachers with an interest in the current issues in their field, The Wiley International Handbook of History Teaching and Learning is a comprehensive handbook that explores the increasingly global field of history education as it has evolved to the present day.
NOTE: This sale only includes The Wiley International Handbook of History Teaching and Learning ebook in PDF. No access codes included.