The Wiley Handbook of Early Childhood Care and Education – eBook
- Authors: Christopher P. Brown, Mary Benson McMullen, Nancy File
- File Size: 5 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 734 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: January 28, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07N7YWKH8
- ISBN-10: 111914812X, 1119148065
- ISBN-13: 9781119148128, 9781119148067
The essential resource to the issues surrounding childhood care and education with contributions from noted experts from around the world.
The Wiley Handbook of Early Childhood Care and Education (PDF) is a comprehensive resource that offers a review of the historical aspects, best practices, and the future directions of the field. With contributions from noted experts in the field, the ebook contains 30 interdisciplinary essays that explore in-depth the central issues of early childhood care and education. The handbook presents a benchmark reference to the basic knowledge, effective approaches to use with young children, professional development, curriculum design, current policies, and other critical information.
The expert contributors address the myriad complex policy and practice issues that are most relevant today. The essays provide insight into topics such as child development and diversity, the sociocultural process of child development, early childhood special education, teaching and learning literacy, the importance of the home environment in the lives of young children, and much more. This important resource:
- Offers the foundational knowledge and practices for working with young children
- Contains contributions from leading researchers, scholars, and experts in the field
- Presents a comprehensive synopsis of the major components of the field of early childhood care and education
- Puts the focus on how early childhood works and presents an understanding of culture as a foundational component of both child development and early childhood education
Written for academic scholars, advocates, researchers, policymakers, and students of early childhood care and education, The Wiley Handbook of Early Childhood Care and Education is a comprehensive resource to the major issues for dealing with childhood care and education with contributions from noted scholars in the field.