The Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations (8th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Peter M. Ginter, W. Jack Duncan, Linda E. Swayne
- Formats: PDF
- File Size: 7 MB, 4MB
- Length: 528 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 8th edition
- Publication Date: January 16, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0793RTVZQ
- ISBN-10: 1119349702
- ISBN-13: 9781119349709
Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations, 8th edition (PDF) provides essential guidance for leading health care organizations through strategic management. This structured approach to strategic management examines the processes of strategic thinking, consensus building and documentation of that thinking into a strategic plan, and creating and maintaining strategic momentum – all essential for coping with the rapidly evolving health care industry. Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations ebook fully explains how strategic managers must become strategic thinkers with the ability to evaluate a changing industry, analyze data, question assumptions, and develop new ideas. The 8th edition ebook guides readers through the strategic planning process demonstrating how to incorporate strategic thinking and create and document a clear and coherent plan of action. In addition, the all-important processes of creating and maintaining the strategic momentum of the organization are fully described. Finally, the textbook demonstrates how strategic managers in carrying out the strategic plan, must evaluate its success, learn more about what works, and incorporate new strategic thinking into operations and subsequent planning.
A comprehensive guide to the effective strategic management of health care organizations. A test bank is also included with the ebook.
This strategic management approach has become the de facto standard for health care management as leadership and strategic management are more critical than ever in coping with an industry in flux. This book provides heath care management students as well as health care administrators with foundational guidance on strategic management concepts and practices, tailored to the unique needs of the health care industry. Included are a clear discussion of health services external analysis, organizational internal analysis, the development of directional strategies, strategy alternative identification and evaluation, and the development and management of implementation strategies providing an informative and insightful resource for anyone in the field.
This new 8th edition has been fully updated to reflect new insights into strategic thinking, new methods to conceptualize and document critical environmental issues, practical steps for carrying out each of the strategic management processes, industry and management essentials for strategic thinkers, and new case studies for applying the strategic management processes. More specifically, readers of this edition will be able to:
- Develop directional strategies.
- Conduct a comprehensive service area competitor analysis.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for a health care organization.
- Create effective value-adding service delivery and support strategies.
- Translate service delivery and support plans into specific action plans.
- Create a process for developing a strategic plan for a health care organization.
- Identify strategic alternatives and make rational strategic decisions for a health care organization.
- Perform an internal analysis and determine the competitive advantages and competitive disadvantages.
- Map and analyze external issues, trends, and events in the general environment, the health care system, and the service area.
The health care industry’s revolutionary change remains ongoing and organizational success depends on leadership. Strategic management has become the single clearest manifestation of effective leadership of health care organizations and the strategic management framework’s strengths are needed now more than ever. The Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations 8e provides comprehensive guidance and up-to-date practices to help leaders keep their organizations on track.