The Science of Grapevines (3rd Edition)- eBook
- Author: Markus Keller
- File Size: 8 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 554 Pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: January 23, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0846K7WBC
- ISBN-10: 0128163658, 0128167025
- ISBN-13: 9780128163658, 9780128167021
The Science of Grapevines, 3rd Edition, (PDF) shows the latest insights into cultivar relationships, hormone action, vascular transport, and stress responses of grapevines. Based on the author’s many years of teaching, research, and practical experience with grapevines and grape production, the ebook is completely revised and updated, presenting a comprehensive introduction on the physical structure of the grapevine, its organs, their functions, and their environmental interactions. While many concepts discussed are generally applicable to plants in general, the emphasis is on grapevines, especially cultivated grapevines. This ebook enables readers to use these concepts in their own scientific research or in practical production systems.
Scientifically grounded and incorporating discoveries in other plant species, the ebook explores the physiological processes of essential grapevine form and function, their developmental and environmental control, and their implications for practical vineyard management.
- Enhances user understanding of the impact of their management decisions and cultural practices
- Includes specific insights on canopy-environment interactions, sources of variation in fruit composition, yield formation, and environmental constraints
- Allows prediction of the consequences of actions in the vineyard and the diagnosis and mitigation of potential problems before they jeopardize the sustainability of grape production
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, The Science of Grapevines 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.