Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Connie R. Mahon, Donald C. Lehman, George Manuselis
- File Size: 78 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1097 Pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5th edition
- Publication Date: March 25, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IUIKZMM
- ISBN-10: 0323089895, 1455750204, 0323292623
- ISBN-13: 9780323089890, 9781455750207, 9780323292627
This accessible, full-color textbook, Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 5th edition (PDF) helps you develop the problem-solving abilities necessary for success in the clinical context by providing a reader-friendly “building-block” approach to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology. The newest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines are included in this updated edition, as well as additional content on nanomedicine and HIV/AIDS and the immunocompromised patient. Case studies, review questions, and learning goals deliver knowledge in an easy-to-understand manner, while updated photographs provide additional examples of automated lab instruments.
In Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 5e you will find:
- Issues to Consider boxes encourage you to analyze important points.
- NEW! Updated photos familiarize you with the equipment you’ll use in the lab.
- Agents of bioterrorism chapter furnish you with the most current information about this hot topic.
- NEW! Case Checks throughout each chapter tie content to case studies for improved understanding.
- A glossary of key terms at the end of the book supplies you with a quick reference for looking up definitions.
- Full-color design, with many full-color photomicrographs, prepares you for the reality of diagnostic microbiology.
- Points to Remember sections at the end of each chapter identify key concepts in a quick-reference, bulleted format.
- Hands-on procedures describe exactly what takes place in the micro lab, making content more interesting and relevant.
- Bolded key terms at the beginning of each chapter equip you with a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Learning assessment questions at the conclusion of each chapter allow you to evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter supply you with a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- A building-block approach encourages you to use previously learned information to sharpen your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A case study at the beginning of each chapter provides you with the opportunity to form your own questions and answers through discussion points.
- NEW! An editable and printable lab manual provides additional opportunities to learn course content using real-life scenarios with questions to reinforce concepts.
- Review questions for each learning objective help you learn to think critically about the information in each chapter, enhancing your comprehension and retention of material.
- NEW! Nanomedicine and HIV/AIDS and the immunocompromised patient content supplies you with the latest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines.
A newer edition is also available. See related ebooks below
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 5th edition in PDF. No access codes included.