Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community 9th Edition – eBook
- Authors: Marcia Stanhope and Jeanette Lancaster
- File Size: 88 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1120 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 9th edition
- Publication Date: 16th September, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B015IYT2PG
- ISBN-10: 0323321534
- ISBN-13: 9780323321532
Prepare for a successful career as a public/community health nurse! Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 9th Edition provides up-to-date information on issues that impact public health nursing, such as natural and man-made disasters, infectious diseases, and health care policies affecting families, individuals, and communities. Real-life scenarios show examples of health promotion and public health interventions. New to the Public Health Nursing 9th edition is an emphasis on QSEN skills and an explanation of the influence of the Affordable Care Act on public health. Written by well-known nursing educators Jeanette Lancaster and Marcia Stanhope, this comprehensive, bestselling textbook is ideal for college students in both BSN and Advanced Practice Nursing programs.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes highlight goals and objectives for promoting the nation’s health and wellness over the next decade.
- Evidence-Based Practice and Cutting Edge boxes illustrate the use and application of the latest research findings in community/public health nursing.
- Linking Content to Practice boxes provide examples of the nurse’s role in caring for families, individuals, and populations in community health settings.
- Practice Application scenarios help you apply chapter content to the practice setting by analyzing case situations and answering critical thinking questions.
- Unique! Separate chapters on healthy cities, the Minnesota Intervention Wheel, and nursing centers describe different approaches to community health initiatives.
NEW! Coverage of health care reform discusses the impact of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) on public health nursing.
NEW! Focus on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses boxes give examples of how safety and quality goals, competencies and skills, knowledge, and attitudes can be applied to nursing practice in the community.
NOTE: This sale includes the original PDF of Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community 9th edition. No access codes are included.