Principles of Turbomachinery (2nd Edition) by Seppo A. Korpela – eBook
- Author: Seppo A. Korpela
- File Size: 12 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 570 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: May 30, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07SGGRZCZ
- ISBN-10: 1119518083
- ISBN-13: 9781119518082
A newly updated and expanded Principles of Turbomachinery, 2nd edition (in PDF) that combines theory and applications of turbomachinery while covering several different types of turbomachinery.
In mechanical engineering, turbomachinery describes machines that transfer energy between a fluid and a rotor, including compressors, turbines, and pumps. Aiming for a unified treatment of the subject matter, with consistent notation and concepts, this new 2nd edition of a highly popular ebook provides all-new information on turbomachinery and includes 50% more exercises than the previous edition. It allows readers to easily move from a study of the most successful textbooks on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics to the subject of turbomachinery. The ebook also builds concepts systematically as progress is made through each chapter so that the user can progress at their own pace.
Principles of Turbomachinery, 2nd Edition provides comprehensive coverage of everything readers need to know, including chapters on: thermodynamics, compressible flow, and principles of turbomachinery analysis. The textbook also looks at steam turbines, axial compressors, axial turbines, centrifugal compressors and pumps, hydraulic turbines, radial inflow turbines, the hydraulic transmission of power, and wind turbines. New chapters on droplet laden flows of steam and oblique shocks help make this an incredibly current and well-rounded resource for students and practicing engineers.
- Includes 50% more exercises than the previous edition
- Uses MATLAB or GNU/OCTAVE for all the examples and exercises for which computer calculations are needed, including those for steam
- Organizes content so that more difficult material is left to the later sections of each chapter, allowing instructors to customize and tailor their courses for their students
- Allows for a smooth transition from the study of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer to the subject of turbomachinery for college students and professionals
Principles of Turbomachinery 2e is an excellent ebook for all students and professionals in chemical, mechanical, and aeronautical engineering.