Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Sarah S. Long, Charles G. Prober, Marc Fischer
- File Size: 72 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1688 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 5th edition
- Publication Date: May 9, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072HX27XK
- ISBN-10: 0323401813
- ISBN-13: 9780323401814
Comprehensive in scope, yet concise and easy to manage, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases 5th Edition, by Drs. Sarah Long, Marc Fischer, and Charles Prober, is your go-to resource for authoritative information on infectious diseases in children and adolescents. A veritable “who’s who” of global authorities provides the practical knowledge you need to diagnose, understand, and manage almost any pediatric infectious disease you may encounter.
- Features a consistent, easy-access format with highlighted key points, high-yield information boxes, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Allows quick look-up by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Includes coverage of the latest recommendations, vaccine products, and effectiveness as well as expanded diagnostics and therapies for autoinflammatory/periodic fever syndromes.
- Covers emerging viruses such as Ebola, Zika, and EV-D68, as well as infectious risks of immunomodulating drugs and expanding antimicrobial resistance patterns.
- Discusses expanding antimicrobial resistance patterns and new therapies for fungal and viral infections and resistant bacterial infections.