Preclinical Speech Science: Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics and Perception (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Thomas J. Hixon, Gary Weismer, Jeannette D. Hoit
- File Size: 115 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 728 Pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing, Inc.; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: August 1, 2018
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1635500613, 2018018596, 1635500621
- ISBN-13: 9781635500615, 9781635500622
Preclinical Speech Science: Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics, and Perception, 3rd Edition, (PDF) is a high-quality text for undergraduate and graduate courses in hearing and speech science. Written in a user-friendly style by renowned scientists/clinicians who have taught the course to several students at premier academic programs, it is the text of choice for students and instructors. Moreover, it is applicable to a wide range of courses that include the anatomy and physiology of speech production, speech acoustics, and swallowing along with those that include the hearing mechanism, psychoacoustics, and speech perception.
The material in this ebook is designed to help future speech-language pathologists and audiologists to comprehend the science that underpins their work and present a framework for the evaluation and management of their future clients. It offers all the information students need to be completely ready for their clinical practicum training.
- Includes analogies that aid thinking about processes from different perspectives.
- Includes beautiful original, full-color illustrations designed to be instructive learning tools.
- Includes material that is perfect for preparing both undergraduates and graduates for clinical study.
- Explains scientific principles explicitly and in translational terms that focus their relevance to clinical practice.
- Offers a framework for conceptualizing the uses, subsystems, and levels of observation of speech production, hearing, and swallowing.
- Features “sidetracks” that include clinical insights and relate interesting historical and contemporary facts to the discipline of speech and hearing science.
New to This Edition:
- All chapters fully reviewed including updated references and new full-color, detailed images.
- Ancillary materials available on a PluralPlus companion website including PowerPoint lecture slides, study guides, image bank, and audio files.
- Three new, up-to-date, and complete chapters on auditory psychophysics, auditory anatomy and physiology, and speech physiology measurement and analysis.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Preclinical Speech Science: Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics, and Perception, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.