Practical Applications in Sports Nutrition (4th Edition)- eBook
- Authors: Heather Hedrick Fink, Alan E. Mikesky
- File Size: 36 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 568 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication Date: November 25, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HLK4CC4
- ISBN-10: 1284036693
- ISBN-13: 9781284036695
Updated and revised to keep pace with the growing changes in the field, the ebook Practical Applications in Sports Nutrition 4th edition (PDF) provides college students and practitioners with the latest sports nutrition information and dietary practices and prepares them to assist athletes and fitness enthusiasts in achieving their personal performance goals.
Early chapters provide an introduction to sports nutrition and give a thorough explanation of micronutrients, macronutrients, and water and their relation to athletic performance. Later chapters focus on the practical and applied aspects of sports nutrition including behavior change through consultations and weight management. Chapter 15 targets the unique nutrition requirements of special populations such as athletes who are vegetarian, pregnant, or have chronic diseases. The textbook concludes with a chapter dedicated to helping students discover the pathway to becoming a sports dietitian through experience and education.
New to the 4th Edition:
- Current MyPlate food group recommendations
- New discussion of sports nutritionists as evidence-based practitioners
- New Food For Thought callouts identify related material in Sports Nutrition Workbook and Assessments
- Updated guidelines, statistics, and regulations found throughout the textbook, including obesity statistics, carbohydrate intake, and vitamin needs.
- Revised discussion of the relationship between current body weight and carbohydrate intake, as well as the types and the amounts of carbohydrates that should be consumed during exercise.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Practical Applications in Sports Nutrition 4e in PDF. Access codes or other media are NOT included.