Pathophysiology for the Health Professions (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Karin C. VanMeter, Robert J. Hubert
- File Size: 142 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 720 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5th Edition
- Publication Date: December 26, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HQWVCAC
- ISBN-10: 1455754110
- ISBN-13: 9781455754113
A concise, easy-to-understand introduction to the basics, Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 5th Edition, (PDF) helps you learn vital concepts of major diseases/disorders and disease processes. Continuing in its renowned tradition of readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, the text is revised with the up-to-date research and trends in human disease. Disorders are defined by body system, with coverage of the connections between systems, and special features help you implement the material to real-life situations. No matter which healthcare field you may enter, Gould’s Pathophysiology 5e trains you for the conditions faced in clinical practice.
- Warning Signs boxes help you recognize the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events like strokes.
- Learning objectives and bulleted chapter summaries assist you to emphasise on key concepts and information.
- Unique Think About questions alert you to key points and help with test preparation, self-evaluation, and review.
- Research boxes discuss new developments, complications associated with research and problem areas of pathophysiology.
- Key terms are listed at the start of each chapter and defined within the text, covering the scientific terminology you need to know.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to forecast What can go wrong with this structure or system?
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as cardiac arrest, shock, and pneumothorax.
- A brief and readable approach includes the information you need without being overpowering, even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Ready References in the appendix offer a quick lookup for anatomic terms, abbreviations and acronyms, conversion tables, diagnostic studies and tests, and more.
- NEW Defense/Protective Mechanisms section merges coverage of inflammation and healing, infection, and immunity.
- UPDATED chapters are restructured with a building-block method that offers content in a more logical and systematic approach.
- UPDATED format for individual disorders includes 1) background, 2) pathophysiology, 3) signs and symptoms 4) etiology, 5) diagnoses, 6) likely related complications/disorders, and 7) treatments/research.
- NEW! Pathophysiology of Body Systems chapters start with a brief review of normal anatomy and physiology and show the interactions and the interrelatedness between systems.
- NEW authors bring a contemporary and fresh approach to the content while keeping true to the integrity of Barbara Gould’s original text