Oral Microbiology and Immunology (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Richard J. Lamont, George N. Hajishengallis, Howard F. Jenkinson
- File Size: 11 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 536 pages
- Publisher: ASM Press; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: September 3, 2013
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1555816738, 1555816738, 1555818900
- ISBN-13: 9781555816735, 9781555818906
In the best-selling textbook Oral Microbiology and Immunology 2nd edition (PDF), an international panel of editors presents a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the oral ecosystem and its role in human health and disease. Written specifically for dental practitioners, dental students, and healthcare professionals, Oral Microbiology and Immunology 2e cohesively details the molecular biology, virulence, ecology, and immunogenicity of oral bacteria, fungi and viruses and examines their interfaces with host cells and secretions.
This new 2nd edition addresses the technological and conceptual advances that have increased our understanding of the etiology of oral diseases and the nature of pathogenic mechanisms and the host response, including:
- Genome sequencing of a community of bacteria or a bacterium.
- Knockout mice deficient in specific components of both the innate and adaptive immune systems.
- 3D and high-resolution imaging techniques of communities growing in biofilms and the intimate interactions between microbes and host cells.