Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills (7th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, Wendy Ostendorf
- File Size: 50 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 896 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 7th edition
- Publication Date: January 8, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07MMN61DD
- ISBN-10: 032354701X
- ISBN-13: 9780323547017
Master nursing skills with this guide from the respected Perry, Potter & Ostendorf author team! The clear, concise coverage in Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills, 7th Edition (AZW3) makes it easy to learn the skills most commonly used in everyday nursing practice. Clear, step-by-step instructions cover more than 160 basic, intermediate, and advanced skills — from measuring body temperature to insertion of a peripheral intravenous device — using evidence-based concepts to improve patient safety and outcomes. A visual streamlined approach makes the 7th edition ebook easy to read, and an Evolve companion website enhances learning with review questions and handy checklists for each clinical skill.
Features of Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, 7e:
- NEW Disaster Preparedness chapter focuses on caring for patients after chemical, biological, or radiation exposure.
- NEW! 2017 Infusion Nurses Society standards are included on administering IVs and on other changes in evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Practice Reflections sections include a clinical scenario and questions, helping you reflect on clinical and simulation experiences.
- Coverage of more than 160 skills and interventions addresses the advanced, intermediate and basic skills you’ll use every day in practice.
- A consistent format for nursing skills makes it easier to perform skills, organized by Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation.
- Unique! Using Evidence in Nursing Practice chapter provides the information needed to use evidence-based care to solve clinical problems.
- NEW! 3 Master Debriefs help you develop a better understanding of the “big picture” by synthesizing skill performance with overall patient care.
- Safe Patient Care Alerts highlight risks or other key information to know in performing skills, so you can plan ahead at each step of nursing care.
- NEW! SBAR samples show how to quickly and effectively communicate a patient’s condition in terms of Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation.
- Special Considerations indicate the additional risks or accommodations you may face when caring for pediatric or geriatric patients, as well as patients in home care settings.
- Media resources include skills performance checklists on the Evolve companion website and related lessons, videos, and interactive exercises on Nursing Skills Online.
- Teach-Back step shows how to evaluate the success of patient teaching, so you can see whether the patient understands a task or topic or if additional teaching may be needed.
- Delegation & Collaboration guidelines help you make decisions in whether to delegate a skill to unlicensed assistive personnel and indicates what key information must be shared.
- Coverage of evidence-based nursing techniques includes the concept of care bundles, structured practices that improve patient safety and outcomes, in addition to the coverage of teach-back.
- Recording guidelines describe what should be reported and documented after performing skills, with Hand-off Reporting sections listing important patient care information to include in the handoff.
NOTE: This sale only contains Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills 7th edition in AZW3 (Adobe Reader) format. A converted PDF is available for customers. However, page numbers will not match the original physical book because of the AZW3 format (it’s without page numbers)