Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Author: Sharon Jensen
- File Size: 124 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1024 pages
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health; 3rd US Edition
- Publication Date: September 17, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07HFHW397
- ISBN-10: 1496349172
- ISBN-13: 9781496349170
Develop the assessment skills and knowledge to excel in any clinical setting.
Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach, 3rd edition, (PDF) has been updated to reflect today’s changing healthcare environment, this unique and modern approach to health assessment guides you progressively through realistic clinical case scenarios, emphasizing health promotion, evidence-based thinking, risk factor reduction, and diagnostic reasoning. Effective strategies help you adapt techniques and questions to confidently manage communication challenges, changes in a patient’s condition over time, unexpected patient responses, and more.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition
Progressive Case Studies in each chapter help you capably apply concepts to clinical practice through:
- Therapeutic Dialogue displays that hone the critical thinking and communication skills essential for gathering assessment data.
- Documenting Case Study Findings boxes that summarize abnormal findings in the physical examination (determined through inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation).
- Progress Note sections that provide sample SOAP (Subjective data, Analysis, Objective data, and Plan) notes documenting summaries of findings, with accompanying critical thinking questions.
- Clinical Reasoning in Action sections that demonstrate how to bring all the elements of assessment together to determine nursing diagnosis and related goals, rationales, interventions, and evaluation criteria.
- Collaborating With the Interprofessional Team displays that feature SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment or Analysis, and Recommendations) frameworks for effectively coordinating referrals or other patient advocacy needs.
NOTE: This sale only includes Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach, 3e in PDF. No online access codes come with the sale.