Neurosurgical Emergencies (3rd Edition) by Christopher M. Loftus – eBook
- Author: Christopher M. Loftus
- File Size: 372 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 420 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 3rd Edition
- Publication Date: October 25, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B075Z2CMS5
- ISBN-10: 1626233330
- ISBN-13: 9781626233331
Neurosurgical Emergencies, 3rd Edition, (PDF) covers frequently faced neurosurgical emergencies, with contributions from well known experts in their respective subspecialties. Clinical insights and easy-to-follow protocols are given for emergencies associated with infection, disease, and trauma – and complications like status epilepticus and acute shunt malfunction. Injury classification, evaluation, surgical indications, clinical presentation, imaging, approaches, and prognosis are presented for every condition. Evidence-based, concise descriptions enable readers to quickly gain a solid understanding of the pathogenesis of each problem.
The authors retained the content and scope of previous editions and included six new chapters that reflect recent advances. These include new invasive brain monitoring techniques and their relevance to clinical practice, emergency endovascular stroke treatment, cerebral venous thrombosis, emergency surgery for stroke, consideration of cervical stenosis as an emergency, and emergent presentation and management of vascular lesions, and spinal dural arteriovenous fistulas.
Key Features of Neurosurgical Emergencies 3e
- Revised from black and white to full-color illustrations
- Recognition and management of intrathecal baclofen and narcotic withdrawal
- Treatment and management of spontaneous subarachnoid, intracerebral, and intraspinal hemorrhages
- Neurosurgical emergencies in pediatric patients including perinatal management of myelomeningocele and spinal cord injury
- Present guidelines for managing a full spectrum of spinal, intracranial, and peripheral nerve emergencies – from an assessment of acute loss of consciousness to cerebral herniation, pituitary apoplexy, and penetrating spine and peripheral nerve injuries
This stellar resource is a must-have for practicing emergency medicine specialists and neurosurgeons. It will also greatly help residents and fellows in these fields of medicine.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook Neurosurgical Emergencies, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.