Modeling the Psychopathological Dimensions of Schizophrenia: From Molecules to Behavior – eBook
- Authors: Mikhail Pletnikov, John Waddington
- File Size: 14 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 496 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press
- Publication Date: November 5, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B017XIUB5A
- ISBN-10: 0128009810
- ISBN-13: 9780128009819
Modeling the Psychopathological Dimensions of Schizophrenia: From Molecules to Behavior (PDF) is the first ebook to offer a comprehensive review of the new clinical, theoretical, and basic research framework that considers psychotic illness as a group of dimensional representations of psychopathology rather than as traditional distinct categorical diagnoses. Psychotic illness, typified by schizophrenia, is a devastating condition increasingly recognized as a disorder of abnormal brain development and dysconnectivity. Its complex etiology involves both genetic and environmental factors, as well as the interplay among them.
This ebook (Modeling the Psychopathological Dimensions of Schizophrenia) describes the current understanding of the clinical and pathological features of schizophrenia, with a particular focus on the evolving conceptualization of schizophrenia and related diagnostic categories of psychotic illness as combinations of dimensional abnormalities. It provides an overview of modern strategies for generating cellular and whole animal models of schizophrenia as well as detailed reviews of the specific experimental preparations and paradigms aimed at developmental, molecular, and brain-network mechanisms that are the underlying aspects of abnormal behavior and various aspects of schizophrenia.
This groundbreaking ebook is an authoritative overview of the translational impact of emerging clinical insights on basic research approaches in schizophrenia that will advance the reader’s understanding of the five major dimensions of psychopathology in schizophrenia and related psychoses and resolve the genetic and neurobiological underpinnings of these dimensions.
- Edited and authored by leading researchers in the field of schizophrenia and related psychoses
- Contains a series of reviews of recently available cellular models for the analysis of signaling pathways and gene expression, which complement behavioral neuroscience research in schizophrenia
- Includes reviews of animal models that capture the most recent insights into the etiology and pathogenetic mechanisms of schizophrenia, with an emphasis on the translational potential of these models
NOTE: This sale only contains the ebook Modeling the Psychopathological Dimensions of Schizophrenia: From Molecules to Behavior in PDF. No access codes come with it.