Microbial Ecology of the Oceans (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Josep M. Gasol, David L. Kirchman
- File Size: 21 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 528 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: January 31, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B079K4BHL5
- ISBN-10: 1119107180, 1119107202
- ISBN-13: 9781119107187, 9781119107200
Microbial Ecology of the Oceans, 3rd Edition, (PDF) includes new topics, as well as different approaches to subjects, dealt with in prior editions. The ebook starts out with a general introduction to the changes in the field, as well as looking at the predictions for the coming years. Chapters cover ecology, function, and diversity of microbes, and of microbial genes in the ocean. The ecology and biology of some model organisms, and how we can model the entire marine microbes, are dealt with, and a few of the trophic roles that have transformed in the last years are discussed. Lastly, the role of microbes in the oceanic P cycle is presented.
Microbial Ecology of the Oceans, 3e, proposes chapters on The Evolution of Microbial Ecology of the Ocean; Ecological Significance of Microbial Trophic Mixing in the Oligotrophic Ocean; Metatranscritomics and Metaproteomics; Marine Microbial Diversity as Seen by High Throughput Sequencing; Advances in Microbial Ecology from Model Marine Bacteria; Microbial Physiological Ecology of The Marine Phosphorus Cycle; Microbial Ecology and Biogeochemistry of Oxygen-Deficient Water Columns; Marine Microbes and Nonliving Organic Matter; The Ocean’s Microscale; Ecological Genomics of Marine Viruses; Phytoplankton Functional Types; and more.
- Includes widely used methodological approaches
- An updated and new edition of a key book in aquatic microbial ecology
- Proposes theoretical interpretations of subtropical plankton biogeography
- Fully defines the structure of the microbial ecosystem, discussing in particular the sources of carbon for microbial growth
Microbial Ecology of the Oceans is a perfect textbook for advanced undergraduates, beginning graduate students, and colleagues from other fields wishing to study about microbes and the processes they mediate in marine systems.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Microbial Ecology of the Oceans, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.