Microalgae in Health and Disease Prevention – eBook
- Authors: Ira Levine, Joel Fleurence
- File Size: 8 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 354 Pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1st edition
- Publication Date: June 29, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07F72RLW3
- ISBN-10: 0128114053, 0128114061
- ISBN-13: 9780128114056, 9780128114063
Microalgae in Health and Disease Prevention (PDF) is a thorough reference that addresses the historical and possible use of microalgae, its extracts, secondary metabolites, and molecular constituents for improving human health and preventing diseases. Every chapter features an overview, and the ebook includes coverage of microalgae biology, harmful algae, the use of microalgae in food and alcohol, and as sources of macronutrients, vitamins, micronutrients, and minerals. The historical use of microalgae, in addition to its potential use as a cosmeceutical and nutraceutical, is also addressed.
The ebook offers coverage of relevant, latest research as assembled by a team of contributors who are devoted to the advancement of microalgae use in diet, health, and nutrition.
- Identifies harmful and toxic microalgae
- Addresses microalgal lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Presents the anti-allergic, medicinal, and psychoactive properties of microalgae
- Discusses research findings on the association between microalgal diet, nutrition, and human health
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Microalgae in Health and Disease Prevention in PDF. No access codes are included.