Lessons in Play: An Introduction to Combinatorial Game Theory (2nd Edition)- eBook
- Authors: Richard J. Nowakowski, Michael H. Albert, David Wolfe
- File Size: 8 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 344 Pages
- Publisher: A K Peters/CRC Press; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: April 30, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07RWRHGGF
- ISBN-10: 1482243032, 0429524099, 0429537565
- ISBN-13: 9781482243031, 9780429524097, 9780429537561
Lessons in Play, 2nd Edition, (PDF) reorganizes the presentation of the popular original textbook in combinatorial game theory to make it even more easily accessible. Starting with an emphasis on the essential concepts and applications, it then transitions to more technical material. Still written in a textbook style with supporting proofs and evidence, the authors add many more exercises and examples and apply a two-step approach for some aspects of the material involving an initial introduction, examples, and fundamental results to be followed later by more detail and abstract results.
- Includes multiple case studies.
- Features a complete rewrite of CGSuite material.
- Expands further directions and applications of the field.
- Implements a widely accessible style to the explanation of the combinatorial game theory.