Kanban Maturity Model: Evolving Fit-For-Purpose Organizations – eBook
- Authors: David J. Anderson, Teodora Bozheva
- File Size: 12 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 208 Pages
- Publisher: Lean Kanban University Press; 1st edition
- Publication Date: March 26, 2018
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0985305150
- ISBN-13: 9780985305154
The Kanban Maturity Model (KMM)l is a novel, powerful tool for consultants and coaches advising medium and large enterprises on transformation and development using the Kanban Method.
From the author of the popular Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business, David J. Anderson, along with Teodora Bozheva, Kanban Maturity Model (PDF) maps out seven stages of organizational maturity against the six general practices of Kanban to make sure appropriate application of Kanban practices and successful adoption of the approach. The KMM explains a roadmap and concrete actions that allow organizations to achieve fitness-for-purpose and exceptional business agility.
This ebook is for consultants, corporate change agents, coaches, and managers who must lead medium- and large-scale enterprises through a transition to enhance their operations and service delivery. This ebook is for businesses that aspire to superior business agility, to deliver fit-for-purpose products and services, to make customers happy, and to offer the security of long-term survival associated with mature businesses that constantly meet or exceed customer expectations. The KMM is designed to remove the two most common failure modes in the implementation of Kanban: overreaching, false summit plateaus, causing an aborted start; and failure to comprehend full benefit. KMM offers advisors with the knowledge to make just enough positive stress to stimulate improvement without overdoing it and causing a regression in corporate performance. This ebook covers:
- Benefits of the KMM
- Understanding the seven Kanban maturity levels
- The KMM Architecture and detailed understanding of the model
- Features vital coaching tips that facilitate the correct implementation of specific practices.
- How the KMM drives maturity and capability to enable fitness-for-purpose and business agility
- Explains in detail what practices and metrics to use—and how—for effective workflow management.
- Delivers a comprehensive set of example kanban boards suitable for the whole range of organizational maturity levels
- Defines the particular Kanban practices that enable delivering high-quality services and products, and optimizing economic results.
- Plots twenty cultural values to the seven maturity levels, allowing leadership guidance and coaching for a stronger, more effective corporate culture.
- KMM-specific practices codify for over ten years of Kanban implementations in firms from small to exceptionally large, across five continents and many industries.
- Draws 132 specific practices against the six general practices of the Kanban Method and seven maturity levels, explaining the intent, value, and expected outcomes from each practice.
- Explains the integration of KMM with existing models and methods, in particular Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model (by Nassim Nicholas Taleb), and Mission Command/Auftragstaktik.
- KMM records the body of knowledge that coaches and organizations need to develop sustainable change, develop a culture of continuous improvement, unity around a shared purpose, and enhanced business outcome.
- The comprehensive set of kanban board designs offer ideas for visualizing work items, workflows of different types and complexity, risks, shared resources, classes of services, and other aspects of complex interdependent enterprise services.
- The KMM will help you prevent the two most typical failure modes in Kanban implementations: causing an aborted start; overreaching, false summit plateaus, and failure to realize the full benefit. Use the model to comprehend the current situation of your organization and explain appropriate actions that will drive it to the desired state.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Kanban Maturity Model in PDF. No access codes are included.