Introducing Public Administration (9th Edition) by Jay M. Shafritz – eBook
- Authors: Jay M. Shafritz, E. W. Russell, Christopher P. Borick, Albert C. Hyde
- File Size: 5 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 632 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 9th edition
- Publication Date: September 13, 2016
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01MDQR9EY
- ISBN-10: 1138666335, 1317213920, 1315619431, 1138666343
- ISBN-13: 9781138666337, 9781317213925, 9781315619439, 9781138666344
Now in an extensively revised Introducing Public Administration 9th edition (PDF) provides college students with the conceptual foundation they need while introducing them to important trends in the discipline. Known for its witty and lively writing style, this beloved etextbook examines the most important issues in the field of public administration through the use of real examples from various disciplines and modern culture. This real and unique approach captivates all students and encourages them to think critically about the nature of public administration today. Refreshed and revised throughout, the latest 9th edition contains a number of imporant updates, including:
- An exploration of the 2008 economic meltdown and its consequences for the regulation of financial markets, cut-back management, and social equity, providing college students with a critical look at the recent changes in the global economy.
- An examination of the effect of the Barack Obama administration on the discipline, especially economic and financial management and budgetary policy, allowing university students to apply the concepts and theories in the textbook to recent US government practice.
- All-new images, international examples, keynotes, and case studies have been incorporated to reflect the diversity of public servants throughout history. Case studies correspond to those in optional companion ebook Cases in Public Policy and Administration to offer clear discussion points and seamless learning with the two ebooks side by side.
New sections on careers in public service, Big Data and cloud computing, whistleblowing and public employee dissent, social innovation, networks and collaboration across organizations, managerialism and productivity improvement, collaboration and civic engagement, and evidence-based policy and management.
Complete with a companion website containing instructor slides for each chapter, a chapter-by-chapter instructor’s manual and sample syllabus, student learning objectives, and self-test questions, Introducing Public Administration 9e is the ideal introduction to the discipline for first-year masters students, as well as for the growing number of undergraduate public administration programs and courses.
NOTE: This sale only includes Introducing Public Administration 9th edition in PDF. No access codes included.