Industrial Environmental Management: Engineering, Science and Policy – eBook
- Author: Tapas K. Das
- File Size: 10 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 576 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition
- Publication Date: January 29, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B084CZB4X6
- ISBN-10: 1119591589, 1119591562
- ISBN-13: 9781119591580, 9781119591566
Das’ Industrial Environmental Management (PDF) describes why industrial environmental management is important to human-environmental interactions and describes the social, physical, economic, and technological constraints to achieving the objective of a sustainable environment. It focuses on recent progress in life-cycle sustainable design, using green engineering principles and the concept of Zero Effect Zero Defect to reduce wastes and discharges from various manufacturing facilities. Its goal is to educate engineers on obtaining an optimum balance between environmental protections while enabling humans to maintain an acceptable quality of life.
Industrial Environmental Management: Engineering, Science, and Policy includes topics such as industrial wastes, lean manufacturing, life cycle sustainable design, international environmental regulations, and the assessment and management of health and environmental risks. The ebook also looks at the economics of manufacturing pollution prevention, how eco-industrial parks and process intensification will assist minimize waste; and the application of green manufacturing principles to reduce wastes and discharges from manufacturing facilities.
- Describes waste recovery systems
- Includes theory, applications, and real-world problems along with their solutions
- Presents end-of-chapter questions along with solutions manual for adopting professors
- Demonstrates how industrial environmental management is connected to areas like sustainable engineering, sustainable manufacturing, social policy, and more
- Includes a wide range of interdisciplinary areas that makes it suitable for different branches of engineering like wastewater management and treatment; pollutant sampling; waste minimization; health risk assessment; lean manufacturing; and regulatory information
Industrial Environmental Management: Engineering, Science, and Policy is a perfect textbook for junior and senior-level students in multidisciplinary engineering fields, for example, chemical, environmental, civil, and petroleum engineering. It will appeal to practicing engineers looking for information about sustainable design principles and methodology.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Industrial Environmental Management in PDF. No access codes are included.