House’s Descriptive Inorganic Chemistry (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: J.E. House, Kathleen A. House
- File Size: 16 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 419 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: September 10, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B015FKWZK2
- ISBN-10: 012804697X
- ISBN-13: 9780128046975
House’s Descriptive Inorganic Chemistry, 3rd Edition, provides thoroughly updated coverage of the reactions, synthesis, and properties of elements and inorganic compounds. Ideal for the 1-semester (ACS-recommended) sophomore or junior level course in descriptive inorganic chemistry, this resource offers a readable and engaging survey of the broad spectrum of topics that deal with the properties, preparation, and use of inorganic materials.
Using rich graphics to enhance content and maximize learning, the PDF ebook covers the chemical behavior of the elements, coordination chemistry, acid-base chemistry, organometallic compounds, and numerous other topics to provide a coherent treatment of the field. The etextbook pays special attention to key subjects such as chemical bonding and Buckminster Fullerenes, and includes new and expanded coverage of active areas of research, such as bioinorganic chemistry, redox chemistry, nanostructures, green chemistry, and more.
- Connects key topics to real world industrial applications, such as in the area of nanostructures
- Highlights the Earth’s crust as the source of most inorganic compounds and explains the transformations of those compounds into useful products
- Includes expanded coverage on bioinorganic chemistry, green chemistry, superacids, redox chemistry, catalysis, and other areas of recent development
- Provides a coherent treatment of the field, covering the chemical behavior of the elements, acid-base chemistry, coordination chemistry, and organometallic compounds.