Heat Transfer Principles and Applications – eBook
- Author: Charles H. Forsberg
- File Size: 15 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 544 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press
- Publication Date: March 20, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B086999MGV
- ISBN-10: 0128022965
- ISBN-13: 9780128022962
Heat Transfer Principles and Applications (PDF) is a welcome change from more encyclopedic volumes exploring heat transfer. This shorter textbook fully explains the fundamentals of heat transfer, including heat convection, radiation, heat conduction, and heat exchangers. The fundamentals are then applied to a variety of engineering examples, including topics of special and current interest like solar collectors, cooling of electronic equipment, and energy conservation in buildings. The textbook covers both numerical and analytical solutions to heat transfer problems and makes considerable use of MATLAB® and Excel in the solutions. Every chapter has several example problems and a large, but not overwhelming, number of end-of-chapter problems.
- Extensive use of Excel and Matlab
- Includes a chapter on mass transfer
- Includes both analytical and numerical solutions of heat transfer problems
- A medium-sized textbook providing a thorough treatment of heat transfer fundamentals
- Includes a unique chapter of multimode problems to enhance the students’ problem-solving skills.
Minimal information is given in the problem statements. College students must determine the relevant modes of heat transfer (convection, conduction, radiation) and, using the earlier chapters, must determine the appropriate solution technique. For example, they must decide whether the problem is steady-state or transient. They must determine the applicable convection coefficients and material properties. They must decide which solution approach (e. g., numerical or analytical) is appropriate.
NOTE: This sale only contains the ebook Heat Transfer Principles and Applications in PDF. No software or access codes included.