Halliday’s Introduction to Functional Grammar (4th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Michael Alexander, Kirkwood Halliday, Christian M. I. M. Matthiessen
- File Size: 13 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 780 Pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 4th edition
- Publication Date: September 11, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00E5CIOYI
- ISBN-10: 0415826284, 020343126X, 1135983488, 1444146602
- ISBN-13: 9780415826280, 9781444146608, 9780203431269, 9781135983482
Fully updated and revised, Halliday’s Introduction to Functional Grammar, 4th Edition, (PDF) explains the principles of systemic functional grammar, allowing the reader to understand and implement them in any context. Halliday’s innovative approach of engaging with grammar through discourse has become a global phenomenon in linguistics.
Updates to the new 4th edition include:
- Systematic indexing and classification of examples
- More from corpora, thus enabling for easy access to data
- Extended textual and audio examples and an image bank available online
- More on the ecology of grammar, showing how each major system serves to realize a semantic system
- Recent uses of systemic functional linguistics to offer further guidance for students, scholars, and researchers
Halliday’s Introduction to Functional Grammar 4e, is the standard reference text for systemic functional linguistics and a perfect introduction for scholars and students interested in the relation between grammar, meaning, and discourse.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Hallidays Introduction to Functional Grammar 4th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.