Fundamentals of Queueing Theory (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: John F. Shortle, James M. Thompson, Donald Gross, Carl M. Harris
- File Size: 32077 KB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 499 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 5th edition
- Publication Date: May 2, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07CV4PGTX
- ISBN-10: 111894352X, 1118943562, 1119453763
- ISBN-13: 9781118943526, 9781118943564, 9781118943533, 9781119453765
Fundamentals of Queueing Theory, 5e is the absolute guide to queueing theory and its practical applications — it features numerous real-world examples of scientific, engineering, and business applications.
Thoroughly updated and expanded to reveal the latest developments in the field, Fundamentals of Queueing Theory, 5th Edition (PDF) presents the statistical principles and processes involved in the evaluation of the probabilistic nature of queues. Instead of focusing narrowly on a particular application area, the authors present the theory in practice across a range of fields, from computer science and other engineering disciplines to business and operations research. Critically, the textbook also provides a numerical approach to understanding and making estimations with queueing theory and offers comprehensive coverage of both simple and advanced queueing models. Like with all preceding editions, this latest update of the classic textbook features a unique combination of the theoretical and timely real-world applications. The introductory section has been rearranged with expanded coverage of qualitative/non-mathematical approaches to queueing theory, including a high-level description of queues in daily life. New topics on non-stationary fluid queues, fairness in queueing, and Little’s Law have been included, as has expanded coverage of stochastic processes, including the Markov chains and Poisson process.
- Examples from a range of disciplines highlight practical issues often encountered when applying the theory to real-world problems
- A summary table at the end of the ebook outlines the queues that have been discussed and the types of results that have been obtained for every queue
- Every chapter provides a self-contained presentation of key concepts and formulas, to allow readers to focus independently on topics relevant to their interests
- A companion website features QtsPlus, an Excel-based software platform that provides computer-based solutions for most queueing models presented in the ebook (may not be included in this sale).
Highlighting chapter-end exercises and problems—all of which have been classroom-tested and improved by the authors in advanced undergraduate and graduate-level courses—Fundamentals of Queueing Theory, 5th Edition is an ideal textbook for courses in applied mathematics, probability and statistics, queueing theory and stochastic processes. This ebook is also an important reference for practitioners in applied mathematics, engineering, operations research, and industrial engineering.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Fundamentals of Queueing Theory, Fifth Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.