Fundamentals of Audiology for the Speech-Language Pathologist (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Deborah R. Welling, Carol A. Ukstins
- File Size: 16 MB, 24 MB
- Format: PDF, ePub
- Length: 532 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: September 6, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074KQ7KPN
- ISBN-10: 1284105989
- ISBN-13: 9781284105988
Fundamentals of Audiology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, 2nd Edition (PDF) is specifically written for the speech-language pathologist working with hearing-impaired populations. This accessible textbook incorporates the expertise of audiologists along with the knowledge and experience of speech-language pathologists. The theories and training of both disciplines are combined in order to facilitate the practical application of foundational audiological information into speech-language pathology practice.
Unlike other textbooks, Fundamentals of Audiology for the Speech-Language Pathologist 2e presents detailed information on all audiometric testing procedures and how to read and interpret audiometric results. The textbook covers programmatic planning from early intervention through geriatrics while also providing a thorough review of normal hearing development from birth through eight years of age.
Every chapter of Fundamentals of Audiology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, 2nd Edition, is organized into these helpful sections: What You Need to Know, Technically Speaking, Methodologies, How it Works. This approach breaks down each concept in a way that facilitates student comprehension and retention. The 2nd Edition also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access, featuring interactive resources such as robust animations, and videos.
Second Edition Updates
- Expanded selection of videos and online resources
- Expanded coverage of Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants
- NEW chapter on Literacy in Children with Hearing Impairments
- NEW chapter on Audiological Diagnoses, Etiologies, and Treatment Considerations
- NEW chapter on Audiological Screening, including instructions for young children and difficult to test populations
- Inclusion of programmatic planning strategies for early intervention, school-aged children, and auditory processing disorders
Applicable Courses: Audiology for Speech-Language Pathologists, Audiology, Aural Rehabilitation, Fundamentals of Audiology, Audiologic Rehabilitation
NOTE: This product ONLY includes the ebook Fundamentals of Audiology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, 2nd edition, in PDF and ePub formats. No other media or access codes come with it.