Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids (4th Edition) – eBook
- Author: I.G. Currie
- File Size: 48 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 603 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 4th edition
- Publication Date: April 19, 2016
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008OM5GPA
- ISBN-10: 1439874603, 1439874611, 042909888X, 146651700X, 1466517328
- ISBN-13: 9781439874608, 9780824708863, 9781439874615, 9780429098888, 9781466517004, 9781466517325
Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids, 4th Edition (PDF) addresses the necessity for an introductory textbook that emphasizes on the basics of fluid mechanics—before focusing on specialized areas such as ideal-fluid flow and boundary-layer theory. Filling that gap for both college students and professionals working in different branches of engineering, this versatile instructional resource comprises five flexible, self-contained sections:
- Ideal-Fluid Flow includes 2- and 3-dimensional potential flows and surface waves.
- Compressible Flow of Inviscid Fluids comprises of shockwaves as well as one- and multidimensional flows.
- Governing Equations handles with the derivation of the basic conservation laws, flow kinematics, and some fundamental theorems of fluid mechanics.
- Viscous Flows of Incompressible Fluids talks about exact solutions, low-Reynolds-number approximations, boundary-layer theory, and buoyancy-driven flows.
Methods of Mathematical Analysis condenses some commonly used analysis techniques. Additional appendices give a synopsis of vectors, Fourier series, tensors, thermodynamics, and the governing equations in the common coordinate systems.
The ebook identifies the phenomena related to the various properties of compressible, viscous fluids in unsteady, three-dimensional flow situations. It gives techniques for solving specific types of fluid-flow problems, and it involves the derivation of the basic equations governing the laminar flow of Newtonian fluids, first evaluating general situations, and then transferring focus to more specific scenarios.
The author of Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids 4e shows the process of finding solutions to the governing equations. In the process, he discloses both the mathematical methodology and physical phenomena included in each category of flow situation, which involves ideal, viscous, and compressible fluids. This categorization allows a clear explanation of the different solution methods and the basis for the various physical consequences of fluid properties and flows characteristics. Armed with this new understanding, readers can then apply the suitable equation results to deal with the specific circumstances of their own work.
P.S We also have the Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids 4e solutions manual. See related products below
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids, 4th edition in PDF. No access codes are included.