Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology (7th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Robert Weinberg, Daniel Gould
- File Size: 29 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 877 Pages
- Publisher: Human Kinetics; 7th edition
- Publication Date: January 2, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07NJGMG98
- ISBN-10: 1492570591
- ISBN-13: 9781492570592
The top textbook in sport and exercise psychology is back in a revamped Seventh Edition, and its fascinating introduction to the field raises the bar once more. Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology 7th Edition (PDF) provides a comprehensive overview of sport and exercise psychology for both students and new practitioners, creating linkages between research and practice and capturing the thrill of the sport and exercise world.
With each edition, internationally renowned writers Daniel Gould and Robert Weinberg continue to collect and incorporate feedback from teachers and students, resulting in a work that addresses developing trends while remaining current and relevant. Chapter objectives and summaries, sidebars, key phrases, important ideas, and discussion questions have all been updated to help students think more critically about how to apply the content.
The new 7th edition has also received the following updates:
- References have been updated to include more recent sources.
- Additional examples and anecdotes from today’s world to better demonstrate concepts
- Gender, ethnicity, colour, sexual orientation, and disability are all addressed in a new chapter on diversity and inclusion.
- New content on grit, mindfulness, organizational sport psychology, and technology in sport psychology, among other topics.
Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology 7e is a one-of-a-kind learning experience that takes students on a journey through the field’s roots, core principles, research development, and career prospects. The article then changes its focus to human characteristics that influence performance and behaviour in sport, physical education, and exercise contexts after this introduction to the area. It expands on those ideas by taking into account situational factors that influence behavior, group interaction and procedures, and the application of psychological tools to help individuals perform better.