Focus on Nursing Pharmacology (8th Edition) – eBook
- Author: Amy M. Karch
- File Size: 204 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 2842 Pages
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health; 8th edition
- Publication Date: August 29, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07X26HGB5
- ISBN-10: 1975100964, 1975151429
- ISBN-13: 9781975100964, 9781975151423
Master the Principles of Effective Drug Therapy
Concise, current, and optimized for today’s nursing practice, Focus on Nursing Pharmacology, 8th Edition, (PDF) makes challenging ideas more approachable to establish a foundation for effective drug therapy throughout your nursing career. The 8th edition builds on your knowledge of chemistry, physiology, and nursing fundamentals to assist you to conceptualize need-to-know information about each group of drugs while involving learning features cultivate your clinical application, critical thinking, and patient education capabilities.
- Focus on Calculations refines your measurement and calculation skills.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts notify you of commonly misunderstood concepts.
- Watch and Learn videos available on thePoint® help you prevent medication errors in practice.
- Drug Lists at the beginning of every chapter enable fast identification of prototype drugs for each class.
- Focus on the Evidence boxes identify the best nursing practices linked with specific drugs based on available evidence
- Focus on Safe Medication Administration boxes assist you to ensure patient safety and increase the therapeutic effects of drugs.
- Critical Thinking Scenarios lead you through the collection and application of data for commonly encountered clinical interactions.
- Check Your Understanding sections train you for your exams with NCLEX®-style review questions, including alternate-format questions.
- NEW! Describing case-based vignettes written by the National League for Nursing brings concepts to life through realistic clinical scenarios.
- Nursing Considerations sections explain the rationale behind each nursing intervention to improve your clinical decision-making capabilities.
- Drugs in Focus tables present at-a-glance reference for generic and trade names, usual dosage, and indications for each drug within a class.
- Focus on Drug Therapy Across the Lifespan boxes give quick access to drug class considerations for use with adults, children, and the elderly.
- Focus on Herbal and Alternative Therapies alert you to known interactions with particular herbs or alternative therapies that could impact drug actions.
- Focus on Gender Considerations and Focus on Cultural Considerations assist you to ensure effective, culturally sensitive drug therapy across diverse populations.
- A concise, streamlined approach focuses on need-to-know information for efficient learning. Nursing Processes explain the process for planning patient-centered care.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Focus on Nursing Pharmacology 8th Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.