Exploring Physical Anthropology: A Lab Manual and Workbook (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Author: Suzanne E. Walker-Pacheco
- File Size: 86 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 464 pages
- Publisher: Morton Publishing Company; 3rd Edition
- Publication Date: January 1, 2017
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 161731403X, 1617314277
- ISBN-13: 9781617314032, 9781617314278
Exploring Physical Anthropology, 3rd Edition, (PDF) is a complete, full-color lab manual aimed for an introductory laboratory course in physical anthropology. It can also serve as a complementary workbook for a lecture class, mainly in the absence of a laboratory offering.
This laboratory manual allows a hands-on approach to learning about the evolutionary processes that resulted in humans through the use of various examples and exercises. It provides a solid grounding in the chief areas of an introductory physical anthropology lab course: genetics, evolutionary forces, forensic anthropology, human osteology, comparative/functional skeletal anatomy, paleoanthropology, primate behavior, and modern human biological variation.
Features of Exploring Physical Anthropology: A Lab Manual and Workbook 3e:
- Objectives clearly express what students are expected to know by the end of the chapter
- Clearly-written, numbered procedures help students successfully complete every exercise
- Materials lists are given to ensure students have what they need prior to beginning the lab
- Sufficient space is provided in the datasheets for students to sketch and record their answers to questions.
- Background information offers context for the material covered in the chapter and assists students to apply what they learn
- Have you ever wondered represent the kinds of questions that nonspecialists typically ask about each topic (answers are given during the course of the chapter)
- Check your understanding questions are given for students to complete prior to beginning the lab exercises to help make sure they understand the lab material
- Broad use of full-color art and photography provides college students with brilliant visual references as they work through the exercises (of specific benefit when access to a complete set of specimens is not available)
- The hands-on activities are designed to show the concepts offered in the readings (exercises allow students to experience physical anthropology through use of the similar methods used by researchers, with a focus on the scientific method while, apart from fossil and skeletal specimens, few laboratory supplies are needed)
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Exploring Physical Anthropology, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.