Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology – eBook
- Authors: Errol R. Norwitz, Carolyn M. Zelop, David A. Miller, David L. Keefe
- File Size: 8 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 648 pages
- Series: Evidence-Based Medicine
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: February 26, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07MQ613W7
- ISBN-10: 1444334336, 1119072921, 1119072956, 1119072980
- ISBN-13: 9781444334333, 9781119072928, 9781119072959, 9781119072980
Aimed at practicing obstetricians, gynecologists, and trainees in the specialty, Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology (PDF) concentrates on the clinical practice areas of diagnosis, investigation and management. The first section of the book discusses evidence-based medicine methodology in the context of the two specialties. The second and third sections cover all the major conditions in obstetrics and gynecology, with each chapter reviewing the best available evidence for management of the particular condition. The chapters are structured in line with EBM methodology, meaning the cases generate the relevant clinical questions.
The most comprehensive evidence-based guide to both gynecology and obstetrics
Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology eBook provides in-depth chapter coverage of abnormal vaginal bleeding; pelvic pain; ectopic pregnancy; contraception and sterilization; lower genital tract infections; urogynecology; endocrinology and infertility; breast diseases; cervical dysplasia and HPV; puberty and precocious puberty; cervical, vaginal, vulvar, uterine, and ovarian cancer; prenatal care and diagnosis; preconception care; maternal complications; chronic hypertension; drugs and medications in pregnancy; diabetes mellitus; neurologic disease; thyroid disease; postterm pregnancy; fetal complications; psychiatric disease; preeclampsia; and more.
- EBM is a highly relevant approach for this high risk specialty
- First ebook to address evidence-based practice for obstetrics and gynecology combined
- Edited by leading American specialist involved in the evidence-based medicine movement
Evidence-Based Obstetrics and Gynecology is an important textbook for obstetricians and gynecologists in training and in practice, as well as for specialist nurses.