Essentials of Stem Cell Biology (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Robert Lanza, Anthony Atala
- File Size: 22 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 665 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press
- Publication Date: August 31, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00F4B4SWQ
- ISBN-10: 0124095038
- ISBN-13: 9780124095038
First developed as an accessible abridgment of the successful Handbook of Stem Cells, Essentials of Stem Cell Biology, 3rd edition (PDF) serves the needs of the evolving population of researchers, scientists, practitioners, and university students embracing the latest advances in stem cells. Representing the combined effort of 7 editors and more than 200 scholars and scientists whose pioneering work has defined our understanding of stem cells, this ebook combines the prerequisites for a general understanding of adult and embryonic stem cells with a presentation by the world’s experts of the latest research information about specific organ systems. From basic mechanisms/biology, early development, mesoderm, endoderm, ectoderm, and methods to the application of stem cells to specific human diseases, patient perspectives, and regulation and ethics, no topic in the field of stem cells is left uncovered.
- Contributions by Nobel Laureates and leading international investigators.
- Presented in full color with highlighted terms, a glossary, and bibliographic entries replacing references.
- Includes two entirely new chapters devoted exclusively to induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells written by the scientists who made the breakthrough.
- Edited by a world-renowned author and researcher to present a complete story of stem cells in research, in an application, and as the subject of political debate.