Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Ross M. Ungerleider, Kristen Nelson, David S. Cooper, Jon Meliones, Jeffrey Jacobs
- File Size: 151 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 960 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3rd Edition
- Publication Date: September 26, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07J2PDFJP
- ISBN-10: 1455707600
- ISBN-13: 9781455707607
Reflecting recent significant changes in the field and now in brilliant full color, Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children, 3rd Edition, (PDF) keeps you abreast of the skills and knowledge required to safely care for children with acquired and congenital heart disease in the ICU. Cardiologists, pediatric intensivists, cardiac surgeons, and anesthesiologists from leading centers around the world provide a very well-rounded perspective on medical and pharmacologic treatments, surgical techniques, basic scientific principles, and equipment.
Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children, 3e:
- Examines issues affecting adults with congenital heart disease.
- Describes the fundamental pharmacology and clinical applications of new pharmacologic agents.
- Features an all-new, full-color format that speeds navigation and helps explain complex concepts.
- Includes a detailed chapter on bedside ultrasound, walking you through the techniques you’re most likely to encounter in the ICU.
- Includes recent advances in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension, developments in mechanical assist devices, heart and lung transplantation, and interventional cardiac catheterization.
- Features comprehensive updates throughout the text, including indications, techniques, potential complications in the perioperative management of patients, and surgical techniques for congenital heart disease.
- Employs well-documented tables, algorithms, and text boxes to make clinical information easy to access, and to provide a more complete understanding of echocardiography, imaging modalities, pulmonary hypertension, and more.
- It contains 27 new chapters with a focus on the team approach to patient care in the ICU including creating multidisciplinary teams, quality and performance improvement, training, and challenges and solutions to developing a unified team environment.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.