Clinical Microbiology for Diagnostic Laboratory Scientists – eBook
- Author: Sarah J. Pitt
- File Size: 5 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 298 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: November 8, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0779L7L37
- ISBN-10: 111874585X, 1118745825, 1118745841
- ISBN-13: 9781118745854, 9781118745823, 9781118745847
Clinical Microbiology for Diagnostic Laboratory Scientists, (PDF) is designed to motivate readers to develop a way of thinking that can be implemented to any diagnostic scenario in microbiology. Through consideration of a certain range of infections caused by pathogenic bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, and helminths, the ebook encourages readers to explore links between the available information about clinical symptoms, the pathogenesis of infections, and the approaches used in laboratory diagnosis, in order to build new insights.
The ebook begins with an introductory chapter that outlines the scope of clinical diagnostic microbiology and the crucial areas for the laboratory scientist to be aware of. The following six chapters review a type of infection in-depth, using specific pathogenic microorganisms to illustrate salient points. At the end of every chapter, there are three exercises related to the management of a diagnostic service and evaluating the suitability of test methods to specific contexts. There are no right or wrong answers to these, but the reader can discuss them with their university tutor or laboratory colleagues.
- Considers topics related to professional scientists working in the area of diagnostic microbiology
- Encourages the reader in critical appraisal of published evidence and encourages problem-solving in the laboratory
- Summarizes the scope of clinical diagnostic microbiology and the important areas for the laboratory scientist to be aware of
- Makes exhaustive use of published research in the form of journal articles, publically available epidemiological data, professional guidelines, and specialist websites
Clinical Microbiology for Diagnostic Laboratory Scientists is perfect for post-graduate scientists intending to follow careers in diagnostic clinical microbiology and for clinical scientists, biomedical scientists, and full-time students studying for upper-level qualifications in microbiology, biomedical science, or virology.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Clinical Microbiology for Diagnostic Laboratory Scientists in PDF. No access codes are included.