Classical Mythology (11th Edition) by Mark Morford – eBook
- Authors: Mark Morford, Robert J. Lenardon,
- File Size: 235 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 792 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 11th edition
- Publication Date: June 27, 2018
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0190851643
- ISBN-13: 9780190851644
Building on the best-selling tradition of previous editions, Classical Mythology, 11th Edition, (PDF) is the most comprehensive survey of classical mythology available — and the first full-color etextbook of its kind. Featuring the authors’ extensive and clear translations of original sources, it brings to life the myths and legends of Greece and Rome in an engaging and lucid style. The textbook contains a wide variety of faithfully translated passages from Latin and Greek sources, including Hesiod, Homer, all the Homeric Hymns, Aeschylus, Pindar, Euripides, Sophocles, Plato, Lucian, Herodotus, Vergil, Ovid, Lucretius, and Seneca.
Acclaimed authors Robert J. Lenardon, Mark P.O. Morford, and Michael Sham incorporate a dynamic combination of poetic narratives and enlightening commentary to make the myths come alive for university students. Offering cultural and historical background, they also examine the enduring survival of classical mythology and its influence in the fields of literature, art, dance, music, and film.
- Provides ample interpretive material
- Offers cultural and historical background
- Features robust pedagogy, ample learning resources, and stunning full-color art
- Examines the enduring reception of classical mythology and its influence in the arts
- Brings classical myths to life through a dynamic combination of poetic narratives and enlightening commentary.
NOTE: This sale only contains the ebook Classical Mythology, 11e, in PDF. No access codes included.