Cardiac Intensive Care (3rd Edition) by David L. Brown – eBook
- Author: David L. Brown
- File Size: 17 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 607 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: July 19, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07FTNNZVJ
- ISBN-10: 0323529933
- ISBN-13: 9780323529938
Using a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach, this unique title, “Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd edition” (PDF) expertly covers all the latest approaches to the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Led by Dr David L. Brown, a stellar team of authoritative writers guides you through cardiac pathophysiology, disease states presenting in the CICU, and state-of-the-art advanced therapeutic and diagnosis techniques. A visually appealing format, new chapters, and thorough updates ensure that you stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly advancing field.
- Discusses recent changes in cardiac intensive care, including new mechanical support modalities, new care paradigms, and new therapies and interventions.
- Contains 11 new chapters: Palliative Care, Temporary Pacemaker Insertion, Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia, Distributive Shock, Pericardiocentesis, Electrical Storm, Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest, Cardiorenal Syndrome, Fulminant Myocarditis, Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy, Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices.
- Concise yet thoroughly covers acute and severe heart failure, life-threatening dysrhythmias, chronic pulmonary hypertension, aortic dissection, and other cardiac conditions as they relate to intensive care.
- Explains drug therapy for key cardiac drugs, such as anticoagulants, inotropes, anti-arrhythmics, diuretics, vasodilators, and anti-platelets, and discusses important drug interactions.
- Ideal for all healthcare professionals involved in cardiac intensive care, including intensivists, cardiac surgeons, residents, cardiologists, fellows, cardiac nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, and nutritionists.
Note: Only contains the PDF of the book. No online codes included.