Analyzing American Democracy: Politics and Political Science (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Jon R. Bond, Kevin B. Smith
- File Size: 22 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 748 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 3rd Edition
- Publication Date: January 15, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07MVN4WX4
- ISBN-10: 1138345180, 1138345199
- ISBN-13: 9781138345188, 9781138345195
Analyzing American Democracy: Politics and Political Science 3e is an introductory American politics textbook encompassing the constitutional framework of the American government, the formal institutions of American government, political behavior and informal institutions, and a concluding chapter on public policy. Each chapter highlights the most current thinking in political science research and debates related to public policy.
Analyzing American Democracy: Politics and Political Science, 3rd Edition, (PDF) teaches students to think logically by presenting current political science theories and research in answering the appealing, big questions facing American politics today. It helps as an introduction to the discipline by considering the theoretical developments and types of an empirical inquiry conducted by researchers.
New to the Third Edition:
- New trends in public opinion
- Campaign finance upheaval
- The changing congressional landscape
- The weakening of the Voting Rights Act
- Social media’s growing influence on politics
- Landmark court cases, now highlighted and connected to key concepts
- The influence of the alt-right and rising populism on elections and policy
- 2016 and 2018 election updates and study of their political and policy impact
- Updated figures, tables, and photos present the empirical details of American politics, helping students gain quantitative literacy
Refreshed feature boxes strengthen the ebook’s dedication to helping students understand the scientific approach to politics, combining intriguing new topics including the biology of political participation, genetics and public opinion, and evolution and the bureaucracy.