Aircraft Systems: Instruments, Communications, Navigation, and Control – eBook
- Author: Chris Binns
- File Size: 50 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 512 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-IEEE Press; 1st edition
- Publication Date: October 12, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07JDK7Q9R
- ISBN-10: 1119259541
- ISBN-13: 9781119259541
An authoritative guide to the various systems related to control, navigation, and other instrumentation used in a typical aircraft
Aircraft Systems: Instruments, Communications, Navigation, and Control (PDF) offers an examination of the most recent developments in aviation as it relates to radio navigation, instruments, and communication. Written by a noted authority in the field, the textbook includes in-depth descriptions of traditional systems, reviews the latest developments, as well as gives information on the technologies that are likely to emerge in the future. The author presents material on essential topics including instruments, communication, radio propagation, inertial navigation, radio navigation,and puts special emphasis on systems based on MEMS.
This vital resource also provides chapters on solid-state gyroscopes, propagation modes of radio waves, magnetic compass, and format of GPS signals. Aircraft Systems is an accessible textbook that includes an investigation of primary and secondary radar, the structure of global navigation satellite systems, and more. This important textbook:
- Includes numerous worked examples of relevant calculations throughout the text and a set of problems at the end of each chapter
- Gives several “interesting diversion” topics throughout the chapters that link the topics discussed to other developments in aerospace
- Contains a description of the historical development of the latest technological developments in aircraft instruments, communications, and navigation
- Provides examples of instruments and navigation systems in actual use in cockpit photographs obtained during the authors work as a flight instructor
Written for upper undergraduates in aerospace engineering and pilots in training, Aircraft Systems: Instruments, Communications, Navigation, and Control offers an essential guide to both the traditional and most current developments in aviation as it relates to instruments, radio navigation, and communication.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Aircraft Systems: Instruments, Communications, Navigation, and Control in PDF. No other media comes with the sale.