A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Art by Michelle Facos – eBook
- Author: Michelle Facos
- File Size: 12 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 539 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: September 10, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07H94SBWK
- ISBN-10: 1118856368
- ISBN-13: 9781118856369
A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Art (PDF) features contributions from an international panel of noted experts to offer an extensive overview of both national and transnational developments, in addition to new and innovative investigations of artists, individual artworks, and issues. The ebook puts to rest the skewed perception of nineteenth-century art as mainly Paris-centric by including major developments beyond the French borders. The contributors provide a more holistic and nuanced understanding of the art world during this first modern century.
Besides highlighting particular national identities of artists, A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Art also focuses on other aspects of identity, including individual, gender, ethnicity, and religion. The ebook explores a wealth of relevant topics like the challenges the artists met; how artists learned their skill and how they met clients; the conditions that influenced artist’s choices and the opportunities they faced; and where the public and critics experienced art. This important textbook:
- Provides novel and valuable insights into well-known works and their artists
- Provides a comprehensive review of nineteenth-century art that covers the most pressing issues and significant artists of the era
- Include s a wealth of essential topics such as ethnic and gender identity, specific general trends in the nineteenth century, an outline of the art market during the period, and much more
Written for college students of art history and those studying the history of the nineteenth century, A Companion to 19th-Century Art provides a comprehensive review of the first modern-era art with contributions from noted experts in the field.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Art in PDF. No access codes are included.