A Companion to Modern Art by Pam Meecham – eBook
- Authors: Pam Meecham
- File Size: 12 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 568 / 551 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: 2018
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118639847
- ISBN-13: 9781118639849
A Companion to Modern Art presents a series of original essays by international and interdisciplinary authors who offer a comprehensive overview of the origins and evolution of artistic works, movements, approaches, influences, and legacies of Modern Art.
- Presents a contemporary debate and dialogue rather than a seamless consensus on Modern Art
- Aims for reader accessibility by highlighting a plurality of approaches and voices in the field
- Presents Modern Art’s foundational philosophic ideas and practices, as well as the complexities of key artists such as Cezanne and Picasso, and those who straddled the modern and contemporary
- Looks at the historical reception of Modern Art, in addition to the latest insights of art historians, curators, and critics to artists, educators, and more.